Friday, March 26, 2010

Petsy Accessories!



Unless I'm wearing dog fur, I'm never totally dressed. You can quote me on that!

Part of the joy of having a black (and barely white) dog is if I have on dark clothing, the white hair shows and if I have on something light...well, visa-versa. There's no getting around it. Furry animals shed. I've tried asking Nipper nicely to "suck in his fur" but he isn't complying. I'm not willing to give up doggie snugs and hugs, so there you are. It is what it is. I've embraced dog hair as part of my "signature style." This is something I believe that Coco Chanel would definitely approve of considering that her nickname "Coco" literally means, "little pet." (Bet you didn't know that!)

I have lint brushes of all makes and models stashed in every conceivable spot. That's not to say that when I need one desperately, I can find one, but I digress...

Besides dog-fur, a lot of my wardrobe consists of pet-centric items. I own shirts, sweaters and nightshirts with pet-themes, slippers in the shape of bunnies and monkeys, scarves embroidered with images of dogs and cats, mittens with animal faces, a handbag with leather cut-out pups and an entire jewelry box of tiny creatures including dangly white mouse earrings. My favorite is a bracelet with a gold Cocker Spaniel charm that Tom gave me. (It is because, as my dear husband chuckled, "Nipper is "as good as gold.")

Speaking of Tom, he makes his own fashion statements with t-shirts that have Cocker Spaniels on them and several ties bearing the same motif.

But our favorite way to be "seen" is holding a leash with the real flesh, fur and grrrr guy on the other end. I always joke and say I got a black dog because I look thinner walking him. You've heard of LBD's (little black dresses? Well, Nipper's my LBD (Little black dog!)

Cuteohcuteohcuteofcuteness!

1 comment:

  1. We created VaniCovers® with these these issues in mind and have created a product that allows for a clean, costly and safe solution to washing your pet at home. VaniCovers® : Avoid Back Injury & Save $ Bathing Your Pets! VaniCovers® . A Kickstarter Campaign for our Pets.

    ReplyDelete