Saturday, March 27, 2010

Nipper's Favorite Dog Cookie Recipe!






Eureka! I have found it, the best home-made dog biscuit recipe on earth. The ingredients are easy to find; it is fun and easy to make and best of all...*drum roll please* the final product is NIPPER APPROVED! Four paws up. He pronounced them (after taste testing two), "Good enough to serve the next time I have my buds over to play poker." Now that is high praise if I ever heard it.

Tomorrow we stop by to gift family and friends with the tasty morsels! Something tells me that I'm going to be extremely popular with the canine set! Now that the dogs are taken care of, I'm looking for a cat treat recipe. Do you have one? If so, please share...

Here's the recipe I used. Get to it!


Nipper’s Favorite Dog Cookies

(Makes about 2 dozen depending on the size of your cookie cutter)

Ingredients

2 Cups Flour
3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
½ Cup Wheat Germ
½ Cup Yellow Cornmeal
1 Egg
½ Cup of the Water you used to boil the Chicken Livers
2 Tsp. Dried Parsley Flakes
1 Cup Chicken Livers
Non-Stick Cooking Spray

Method

-Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

-Combine Flour, Wheat Germ, Yellow Cornmeal and Parsley in a large mixing bowl.

-In a separate bowl, beat the Egg lightly together with the Oil.

-Add Egg and Oil slowly to dry mixture; then add broth from the Chicken Livers. Stir together.

-Remove Chicken Livers from water. Pat dry on paper towels and mince very fine. (I used cooking shears.) Fold into dough. Mix well.

-Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it forms a firm ball.

-Roll dough out to ½ inch thickness and cut into shapes with a bone shaped cookie cutter. (I suggest you use a small one.)

-Place on cookie sheets that you have coated with Non-Stick Cooking Spray.

-Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown and firm.

-Cookies should be stored in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment