Thursday, March 11, 2010

Lambie-Love!







My heart is bursting, overflowing with Lambie-Love! I just got back from Sunrock Farm in Wilder, Kentucky where Farmer Shelley introduced me to Honey-Suckle, a lamb who was (quite literally) born yesterday. From the top of her pink little nose to the tips of her tiny little toes, she is adorable.

Forgive me for the flowery prose and overuse of exclamation marks. I have never held a live lamb before, much less fed it a bottle. As an animal lover, this was a "heart's desire" come true.

Sunrock Farm, if you have never been, is an educational farm dedicated to providing children and other visitors with memorable, hands-on experiences with animals and nature. It is located just ten minutes from downtown Cincinnati.

Once, several years ago, I won sixth-place in a goat milking contest there. Of course, there were only five other people in the contest besides myself and they were all under the age of 10. My ribbon was for "accuracy." But, before you laugh...keep in mind that it is better to have won sixth place than never to have played at all.

Here's Sunrock Farm's contact info:

103 Gibson Lane
Wilder KY 41076
859-781-5502
email@sunrockfarm.org

Open year 'round.

No comments:

Post a Comment