Saturday, May 22, 2010

Pussycat, Pussycat, I Love You!


I'm besotted with the calico cat who lives down the street. We've never met, but I look for him (or her) whenever I drive by. He (or she) is almost always lying in the window, enjoying the sun and keeping a watchful eye on the birdies. On the days he (or she) is there, it makes me smile and on the days he (or she) is not, I feel a bit blue (for just a moment or two) and wonder what he (or she) is up to.

Is he (or she) partaking in a little snack? Napping on the bed? Chasing a mouse? I'll never know, but I'm always charmed by the thought...

Funny how that works. That kitty whom I have never formally met has become a happy touchstone in my life. It's just another example of how animals, sometimes just by their sheer existence can bring us joy.

I'm going to take Nipper for a walk and leave this little catnip bouquet on his (or her) doorstep right now. Perhaps I'll see the owners and introduce myself. Maybe not...sometimes it is best to remain a "secret admirer."

Do you have any animals you admire from afar?

No comments:

Post a Comment