Monday, January 9, 2012

All Pets Poop, Pee AND Slobber!



It's true!!!!

Believe it!  It happens in the nicest of homes...even MINE!!!!

Here's living proof!  Nosey slobbering on the bed sheets on my husband's side of the bed.  I made it fresh the day before.  Hey, it'll dry.  But I have my standards...slobber can stay but poop, pee and puke and muddy paw prints warrant stripping the bed.  Now you know.  Call the Board of Health if you don't like it!  ;)

Yup, it's true. As surely as all dogs go to heaven, they poop, pee, puke, slobber, shed and apply "shnozzy" nose-print smudges to sparkling-clean windows, mirrors and eyeglass lenses.

Even though this is factual statement, I have had dogs all of my life and can't imagine living one day without one. (And, I'm not certifiably crazy yet!) All I can say is thank goodness for paper towels, carpet cleaning machines, stain sticks, Dustbusters, lint brushes and Windex.

You can't have a dog or any other type of pet without a sense of humor, because even the most perfectly housebroken ones make mistakes once in awhile. Big ones. Once, years ago I threw a fancy cocktail party that took days to plan and hours to clean and prepare for. (Think Martha Stewart obsessive-compulsive here, people.) The night of the big soiree, my Cocker Spaniel, Amanda, walked into the party, sauntered over to one of our friends (the one who just happened to be a Veterinarian of course), gazed soulfully into his eyes, squatted and peed at least a gallon (well, it seemed that much to me at the time) onto the wall-to-wall carpeting. Nice. As you can imagine, "Mommy" nearly dropped the silver tray of cocktail wienies she was holding. I must have looked so elegant on my hands and knees mopping up that mess in my little black dress and pearls; like some demented June Cleaver, but I digress...

Oh, and another time I was selling a house and had everything prepped for the Realtor to show the potential buyers (including baking cookies so the place would smell all homey) and my Border Collie, Zero, threw up all over the master bedroom carpeting just as the doorbell rang. (Yup, that added just the right "homey" touch.) Then, there was the other Cocker Spaniel (Goldie) who exploded a "Bowel Bomb" inside my new car just because I dared to leave her (with the windows cracked on a cool fall afternoon) in the car for five minutes to dash into the post office. That was one long, stinky ride home with all the windows down. Talk about a "special delivery"...

Bottom line? Thank goodness for their adorably fuzzy little faces and loyal dispositions, because sometimes when I'm standing at the sink, running yet another bucket full of hot-sudsy water and snapping on my rubber gloves, I wonder why we even give them houseroom. But that thought never lasts.

What can I say except that I'm a sucker for a waggily tail...


No comments:

Post a Comment